Case Study: Waterloo Works, Stockport – Project coordination and contract administration
Roger Hannah & Company Limited were appointed on behalf of the owner of the above property to organise repairs and refurbishment of the estate, which comprises circa 12,696 sq ft of industrial space.
The works included:
- Re-roofing and re-cladding works.
- Installation of new below ground drainage pipework.
- Redecoration and repair works to the external fabric of the building.
- Landscaping works.
- General refurbishment to vacant units.
The role included:
- Obtaining Statutory Consents.
- Liaison with the Local Authority and securing Grant Funding.
- Preparation of schedule of works and tender documentation.
- Contractor selection.
- CDM Co-ordinator.
- Contract Administration.
- Monitoring of the works.
Following completion of the works:-
- All of the units are now fully let.
- Planned maintenance programme prepared and implemented.
- Service charge set up and implemented.
The owner has benefited from increased rental income, reduced unrecoverable outgoings and limited exposure to vacant rates.
Please contact our Building Consultancy team for information and advice.