Facilities Administrator with a proactive and confident approach is needed to provide administrative support to the Head of Facilities and other facilities team members based within central Manchester. An admin focussed role, experience within facilities teams desirable but not essential. This is a Facilities Administrator within a fast paced environment where the focus is on providing a quality, customer focussed service.
- Support the Property Management team with the logging, vetting, and delivery of maintenance requests including obtaining quotes and raising purchase orders.
- Become familiar with and conversant in the various types of maintenance undertaken at the managed properties, and the frequency with which they must be undertaken.
- Learn to be able to interpret the varying property issues received in terms of which party is responsible to rectify the issue.
- Build a rapport with the contractors used by Roger Hannah & Company.
- Ensure documents are produced accurately and in the correct format through effective sense-checking and validation.
- Assist with the progression of H&S matters at the managed properties, identifying which matters are high-priority.
- Actively and regularly review systems and processes in terms of their effectiveness in the day to day management of property maintenance.
- Deal with insurance claims from the moment an incident is reported to completion of the matter, including the insurance broker, tenant(s) and internal Roger Hannah & Co personnel.
- Become familiar with the slightly differing role of the other Property Management Administrator, to enable adequate cover for holidays.
- Ensure efficient filing and document retrieval (manual and electronic) that is well communicated and understood for all Property Management files.
- Manage inbound post distribution for PM Team and Post out for PM Team.
- Ensure prompt and accurate creation of files in relation to new tenants and in conjunction with the Property Finance team.
- Ensure all live leases are returned, signed, scanned and filed for safe keeping.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is received from outgoing tenants, that the file is moved to ‘vacated’ and reviewed regularly by PRMs and that all documentation is collated in order for the file to be cleared for archive.
Customer Service / Call Logging
- Initially manage call handling / messaging for the PM Team where direct lines are generally not used.
- Build relationships and trust with clients, tenants and contractors to the effect that reactive and routine calls are made to the Property Management Administrator rather than to more senior management.
- Help to develop a Customer Service system whereby appropriate calls are taken centrally, logged, resolved via documented protocols by the PM Administrators or issued to the right people and chased through to resolution.
- Minimise reactive calls directly reaching PRMs.
Health and Safety Inspections
- Fulfil the role of Inspections Administrator and specifically monitor compliance; follow up non-compliances and where necessary report on outstanding items and their actions.
- Fulfil the role of Contractors Administrator and specifically ensure all contractors are approved for insurance and H&S purposes by means of the collection and validation of required paperwork. Communicate the listings regularly.
- Fulfil the role of Tenant Administrator and specifically ensure that we provide tenants with the latest version of all required documentation and that we receive back from tenants all information they must provide.
- GCSE grade C in Maths & English.
- Fluent in MS Outlook, Excel & word and have a good general IT skills.
- NVQ or other qualification in property management
- Qualification in Facilities or Health and Safety
- Ideally experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Proactive with a strong customer focus.
- Highly organised and able to multi-task.
- The ability to build relationships and work as part of a team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- The enthusiasm to build a broad understanding of our systems and processes.
To apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV to be considered for this opportunity.
Providing complete administration and proactive support to the Property Management Team.Salary
Competitive Salary, depending on experience