Compulsory Purchase Surveyor
Are you a Valuer, Development or Acquisition surveyor seeking a new challenge or a General Practice surveyor looking to specialise in a niche area? If so, a role within our growing compulsory purchase team may be the ideal opportunity for you.
The Compulsory Purchase department is considered one of the market leading teams within this specialist sector. We act for a wide range of clients including:
- Residential owners, occupiers and investors
- Local, regional and national commercial occupiers
- Local Authorities and developers
As a team we are actively involved in advising on a number of major infrastructure projects including High Speed 2 (HS2), town centre redevelopment schemes and regeneration schemes nationwide.
You will be joining an established and highly experienced team based in Manchester who deal with a diverse range of instructions nationwide which have included the following:
- High Speed 2 (HS2)
- Paddington Basin, London regeneration
- Cross Rail, London
- Mersey Gateway
- Manchester Metrolink extension
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing
- Aylesbury Estate Regeneration, Southwark
Utilising a diverse range of skills including valuation and negotiation, this is a role which provides variety, an opportunity to challenge yourself and the chance to build on relationships with other professionals. You will be involved in the site assembly process and compulsory purchase projects from conception through order promotion to taking possession and negotiating compensation.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who can work as part of a team as well as being able to use their own initiative. You must be flexible with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and be able to adapt to ever changing client and market requirements.
Whilst experience within the compulsory purchase sector would be beneficial, please note this is not a pre-requisite for this role. Rather we are seeking an individual who is looking for a challenge and willingness to learn.
- Prepare compensation assessments and advice to clients
- Advise on the compulsory purchase process and timescales
- Undertake negotiations with or on behalf of clients
- Provide clear strategic advice to claimants and Scheme Promoters
- Prepare compensation budgets
- Undertake land assembly on behalf of acquiring authorities and developers
- Work with other professionals including planners, solicitors, and accountants within a multi-disciple team
- Assist with Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) and Public Inquiry preparation
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will be either a Chartered Surveyor or close to qualification and must possess and/or be able to demonstrate:
- Experience within the Valuation, Development or Planning sectors
- Strong numeracy and report-writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Numerate and analytical
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Problem solving / ‘Can-do’ attitude
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Car Allowance
- Company Benefits
- Excellent potential of career progression with a NW market leader
Competitive Salary, depending on experience